Harmonium Workshops and Classes with Srikala
Srikala began his journey in the science of Kirtan while living amongst the Vaishnava community for 8 years. He began playing harmonium and chanting because he saw an opportunity to connect music with meditation. He has been teaching harmonium for 3 years based on the Hindustani Raga system. Along with the traditional expression, he also uses his understanding of Mrdanga and Harmonium for many projects within other genres such as hiphop, reggae, jazz and funk.
In Srikala's Harmonium Workshop you will learn:
- The basic features of a Harmonium: the stoppers, the drones, the coupler; how and when to use them.
- The 7 Swaras: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Dha Ni and their application up and down the scale of a raga.
- Harmonium finger exercises to flow easily back and forth across the keys.
- Rhythmic Structure
- The Elements of a full Kirtan. Kirtan Dynamics.
- The meditation and focus behind the chanting for optimal internal and external purification.
- To chant different mantras like Sita Ram, Hare Krishna, Govinda Jaya Jaya, Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya
-Also you can bring your own favorite mantra and learn it on the harmonium
- Leading a Kirtan in collaboration with other instrumental elements.
Contact him at : Srikalogy@gmail.com for more information.